I asked my husband what color eyeshadow I should wear, and he said mint. Looking through my stash, I realized that I only have one mint eyeshadow, which surprised me! Dust to Dust from Notoriously Morbid’s Slay Me collection is a matte, minty grey-green and the only shadow I used in this look.
- Notoriously Morbid Dust to Dust
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Cuff
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Intense Black
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
- Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
- MAC Face and Body in N1
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 1
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
- Tarte Flush Cheek Stain
- Bite Winterberry High Pigment Pencil
I primed my lids with a shimmery primer. I was kind of curious to see if it would show through the matte shadow, but it didn’t. Then I applied Dust to Dust, a pale greyish green, all over my lids, and faded it up towards my browbone. I applied winged black liquid liner and mascara and finished my eyes with a little silver liner along my lower waterline to brighten my eyes. I did my face like usual, and applied a berry colored cheek stain and a bright berry pink lip pencil.
I love this! I’ve been realizing lately that despite my initial aversion to bright lip colors, I actually love them paired with pale eyeshadow and a cat eye, and this is no exception. It makes me feel classic and pretty, but with a a slight twist from my usual classic look.