It’s super rare these days that I’m in the mood to use my mainstream eyeshadows, but today was one of those days. I just wanted to do something simple and easy and palettes are good for that, what with everything being in the same place together. It’s now discontinued, but I really like Kat Von D’s Poetica Palette. It’s half neutrals and half purples and very pretty.
- Kat Von D Sand Timer (Poetica Palette,1)
- Kat Von D Babe (Poetica Palette, 2)
- Kat Von D Skiba (Poetica Palette, 3)
- Kat Von D Forgiveness (Poetica Palette, 4)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Sin
- Sephora Collection Black Lace Eyeliner
- Sephora Collection Outrageous Curl Mascara
- Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream in Light
- Tarte Flush Cheek Stain
- Stila All Over Shimmer in Rose Gold
- Marc Jacobs Lip Lacquer in Kissability
I started by priming my eyes with a shimmery primer. (Not that the shimmer makes a difference that I can see.) Then I applied Sand Timer, a neutral shimmery tan, all over my lids. I place Babe, a pinkish purple, in the outer portion of the crease with a slightly fluffy brush and blended it out. I used a stiff, thin brush to apply Skiba, a more blueish purple along both my upper and lower lashlines. I put a little Forgiveness, a shimmery white, in the inner corner. I lined my upper lashline with black pencil liner and put mascara on both my upper and lower lashes. I applied BB cream with a damp sponge. Instead of concealer, I applied more BB cream to the spots that needed more coverage with my finger. I applied a berry colored cheek stain and highlighted the tops of my cheeks with a rose gold highlighter, both of which I blended with my fingers. I finished with a purple/mauve gloss.
I really like this look. It makes me feel a little bit fairy-y, plus it’s nice to take a break from my usual foundation/concealer/powder routine. Yes, you can see my dark circles, but my skin feels nice, so I don’t care. Yay for damp sponges!