There was a bright lips thread over at Indie Island of Misfits, so I decided to join in with today’s look. Usually when I think bright lips, I think bold reds, oranges and magentas, but I’ve gotten so much more comfortable wearing those that I decided to do something a little different and went with a bright lavender.
- Shiro He Loves His Hammer
- Blackbird Smudge
- Hello Waffle Whale Hello There
- Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Intense Black
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Cuff
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Sephora Collection Outrageous Curl Mascara
- MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation in NC20
- Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in 1
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 1
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
- Shiro Potion
- Baroque Mucha Ado About Nothing
- Kae Q Passionflower
- Firebird Strawberry Tangerine lip balm
I started by priming my lids as I always do. Then I patted He Loves His Hammer, a really interesting shimmery reddish pewter, all over my lids. I deepened my crease with Smudge, a matte grey. I put some beneath my lower lashes as well. I lined my upper lids with winged black liquid liner and my lower waterline with sparkly silver pencil liner. I mascaraed both my upper and lower lashes. I finished my eyes with a touch of Whale Hello There, a light cool purple, in the inner corners. I did my foundation, concealer and powder, and put on a layer of Potion, a berry blush. It seemed too cool with the rest of the look so I layered Mucha Ado About Nothing, a warmer rose, on top of it. I started my lips with a layer of my waxiest base lip balm and used a doefoot applicator to smooth a layer of Passionflower, a bright lavender, over the top.
I think this turned out kind of retro and fun. I was a little hesitant that Passionflower wouldn’t work on me, but I actually like it. It’s never going to be an all the time color for me, but I do think it’s fun.