I was in the mood for a pixie epoxy smoky eye a while back, since it had been a while since I’d done one, and another user posted a really pretty look using Aromaleigh’s Password Protected over on r/indiemakeupandmore, so I decided to combine the two of them. I’ve had this post sitting in my drafts folder for a while, but I’m working on finally finishing up my enormous Brilliant Deductions review (21 shadows. Craziness.) so I figured I’d post this now as a sort of preview.
- Aromaleigh Password Protected
- Aromaleigh Psychosomatic Limp
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Tornado
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara
- MAC Face and Body in N1
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 1
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
- Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer in Rose Gold
- Baroque Sonrel Not Sonrel
- Marc Jacobs Lip Lacquer in Kissability
I did my usual pixie epoxy smoky eye here. I applied primer then patted pixie epoxy onto my mobile lid using my pinky. After it set, I patted Password Protected, a purple with a strong gold sheen, on top. I swiped what was left on my blush through my crease and below my lower lashes. Then I picked up a little Psychosomatic Limp, a light golden brown, with a blending brush and used it to blend out my crease. I put a little of it below my lower lashes to deepen the color there as well. Then I applied a purple pencil liner and smudged it out with a smudge brush. I finished my eyes with a coat of mascara. I did my usual face stuff and highlight my cheeks with a rose gold liquid highlighter. I also applied a plummy blush and a plum lipgloss with a bit of gold sparkle.
I like this look quite a bit. It’s very wearable way to do purple, and I think the gold looks really nice with my eyes.